The state of Arizona has recognized GoTEN as a Qualifying Charitable Organization (QCO) allowing residents of Arizona to redirect some of their state taxes to help the poorest in our state.
Please consider taking advantage of this credit by making a donation to GoTEN and, in return, you will receive a dollar for dollar tax credit. ($400 filing singly / $800 filing jointly)
The state of Arizona provides two separate tax credits for individuals who make contributions to charitable organizations: one for donations to Qualifying Charitable Organizations (QCO) and the second for donations to Qualifying Foster Care Charitable Organizations (QFCO). Individuals making cash donations to these charities may claim these tax credits on their Arizona Personal Income Tax returns.
The maximum allowable credit for contributions to QCOs is $800 for married filing jointly filers or $400 for single, heads of household, and married filing separate filers. These tax credits provide dollar-for-dollar tax benefits, allowing taxpayers to reduce their state tax liabilities for each dollar donated to charities, up to the maximum allowable limits.
Here are some general guidelines for using the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit. Please consult your tax advisor for advice on your specific tax situation.
1. Donations must be made by individuals (corporations, foundations, and partnerships do not qualify).
2. Donations must be made in cash (property or in-kind donations do not qualify).
3. Donations must be made to Qualified Charitable Organizations or Qualifying Foster Care Charitable Organizations that have been certified by the state of Arizona. GoTEN is a Qualified Charitable Organization (QCO code: 22464).
4. Credits that are not applied to tax obligations for the current tax year can be carried forward to future tax years.
1. Donate to GoTEN. (The donation deadline for the 2022 tax year is April 18, 2023. - Yes, you can wait and see if you owe taxes before donating.)
2. GoTEN will send you a donation statement.
3. Use QCO Code - 22464 on Form 351 (This is GoTEN's unique number.)
4. Reduce amount of state tax owed by $400 (single filing) or $800 (joint filing) or get a refund from the state for the same amount respectively.